Class Calendar

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday, December 4

So sorry I am late with this post from Friday!  I had to rush out of school and we have been non-stop all weekend.  

I had a very cool experience this weekend.  My friend is a chef and every year he does a Christmas dinner for people in need in Victoria through the Mustard Seed Food Bank.  This is my 3rd year helping and it is a lot of work making turkey dinner for over 600 people!  I chopped cases of onions and celery and bread and potatoes and garlic and parsley and so much more!  I can hardly move tonight but I can't tell if it is from working in the kitchen and so much chopping or from my soccer game today!  All I know is that I can barely move.  (no old lady jokes!)

We did manage to squeeze in time to go and pick out our Christmas tree which we will go cut down next weekend....remind me to show you a pic...it's kind of insanely huge!  We also watched the light truck parade which my kids always enjoy.

I hope you had a great weekend and that you are ready to focus for the week ahead.  We have some fun things planned for the last week before the break, so there is much to look forward to.  I am looking forward to just sitting on my couch and reading by the fire during the break!

I know that teachers shouldn't wish for snow days, but I really hope we get one this week!  Our driveway is perfect for sledding and snowboarding down!

Please make sure that your parents have seen your report cards and please bring back the envelopes to me ASAP to be reused next term.  Huge congrats to many of you on really excellent reports this term. There were many of you who had lots of A's and B's and more importantly, lots E's and G's for effort for many of you.  Big shout out to EM, KD, JT and TF for getting all A's and all E's or G's this term! That is no small feat and I am super proud of you all!  xoxoxo

Have an awesome night.
Check out the new students of the week,
Mrs. S

No comments:

Post a Comment